Tuesday, December 21, 2010

NO OFFICER LEFT BEHIND

Vernon Balmer Jr. to honolulupd
show details 9/22/08

I had a backpack that was evidently taken from a bus I left it on. When I made the police report, I was told that all lost items turned into the police department are sent to the main offices downtown. I was also told that I could not check at a "LOST & FOUND" room or any cataloging of items. I was told that I would have to be contacted using any identification found in the backpack. Can you explain this? If I had an object such as car keys or clothing taken, am I to believe that there would be no way for me to locate this item by giving a description during a report and checking periodically to see if I could identify it at a "LOST & FOUND" department at ANY police station
--
VERNON BALMER JR.
 Reply Forward


 Reply |Honolulu Police Website to me
show details 9/22/08
Aloha Mr Vernon Balmer Jr:


CAS received your e-mail regarding identifying my backpack if it was founded and turned in to the main station.  What the officer meant if there is some identification in the bag stating your name was on one of the property in your backpack.  This would be used to verify that you are the owner of the backpack or property.  This method is protect the police department and making sure that the rightful owner receive their property.


Mahalo and may your day be filled with the aloha spirit.
Officer Eric Matsumoto
Honolulu Police Department
Community Affairs Section

No comments:

Post a Comment